DiversityMobile is an app for biologists, ecologists and citizen scientists being experienced in recording observation data in nature. Data may be directly entered into the smartphone database which follows the Diversity Workbench information model. Mechanisms of automated recording and storage of GPS data and the manual recording of multimedia data are included. During that process there is no need to be online. The DM virtual environment covers a synchronisation tool and several web services for The DM virtual environment covers a synchronisation tool and several web services for bidirectional data transfer with an institutional data repository.
- Recording of research data and metadata with automatic inclusion of GPS data
- Recording of multimedia data (images, audio, video)
- Data transfer from and to an institutional data repository for research data via Wi-Fi
- with web services installed for download standardised pick lists with names of organisms, geographic maps and already available metadata of individual research projects
- with web services installed for upload research data to the data repository
The usage of DiversityMobile is confined to scientists involved in research projects. Accounts are set up project-specific (please contact SNSB IT Center). For more information on services see DiversityMobile Wiki.
Short instructions and manuals are provided as pdf files under DiversityMobile User Manuals WP.
- DiversityMobile software is open source and free for collaborative projects. It is managed and documentated in the DiversityMobile GitHub repository
- Download the new Software 22.214.171.124 from Windows Phone Store, March 31th, 2015
Attention: Upgrade to version 1.0 from any of the previously published versions is supported and should not result in data loss.
However, as a precaution: Upload any data that is not yet transmitted to DiversityCollection, if possible. Optionally, make a backup of your Phone before applying the update. Users of version 0.9.9 may also take a snapshot of their data and upload that to OneDrive (Settings -> '...' -> Import/Export -> '+' -> upload).
- New features and fixes in v 126.96.36.199
- Data Migration from previous Versions
- Stability Improvements
- Some UI Improvements
- Improved Error handling during interactions with the online Services (Upload/Download/Taxa/Maps)
- We now display a warning before restoring a snapshot because this action might cause data loss
- Improved the reliability of Location Information Acquisition
- We now exclude Specimen without attached IUs from being uploaded to prevent the automatically created Observation Specimen from cluttering up the database
- Fixed an issue where the Location might be incorrectly displayed on a map
- Fixed an issue where Location information for IUs was not uploaded correctly
- Fixed an issue that prevented Location information from being included in downloaded data items
- Fixed an issue when downloading Events with no EventSeries that lead to them not being shown
- Fixed an issue that rendered the user unable to download multiple Events for a Series
- Fixed an issue that caused the Upload of large Multimedia Files (> 4MB) to fail
- Fixed an issue that prevented the recording of Videos
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to stop working when displaying a user notification
- Software 0.9.8.0, October 29th, 2013
- The former implementation DiversityMobile WM (Version 1.03S) and the Installer for DiversitySynchronization are still available for testing, if you are a registered member of the IBF project (WM Test downloads).